Marketing has become more and more data driven and advertising platforms have adapted to that by providing detailed targeting options for online marketing campaigns. One of the biggest data collectors of them all is Facebook with over 600 targeting options. One of the best ways to use data is to find new customers with Facebook’s Audience Insights.
Here are three ways to plug in existing data to Facebook and find new target audiences for your campaigns.
1. Create and Upload Custom Audiences on Facebook
The first step in this process is to identify user lists that are large enough. The more users you have in a list, the more detailed information you will get. This information will reveal additional ways to target your ideal audience on Facebook.
There are several audiences that you should create and upload to receive reliable information:
- Website visitors (through remarketing)
- Email lists
- Customer lists
- Page Likes (Facebook builds it automatically)
The first three lists are the most reliable ones while likes might not be the best source since people that like a page aren’t necessarily potential customers. People like Facebook pages because they might like a post or an image but they might not be necessarily interested in the products or services of the business.
If you want to upload an existing user list or analyze website visitors, you can set it up in the audiences section of your Facebook Ad Manager:
Then click on Create Audience and Custom Audience:
Then select the audience type you want to work on and follow Facebook’s instructions to set it up:
2. Open Audience Insights and Select the Audiences You Want to Analyze
Getting access to audience insights is extremely easy and it only takes a couple of clicks. First of all, you need to log in to your Facebook ad manager and then click on tools. Audience Insights is the second tool in the menu:
Once opened, you will be asked to select the type of audience that you want to analyze:
You are not limited to selecting one audience at the time but you can actually select multiple audiences to create a larger pool of users and get access to more insights.
3. Analyze the Insights to Find More Target Groups
Once you select the audiences to analyze you can start looking into the different insights and learn more about who your customers are. This allows you to find additional audiences to target. For instance, analyzing an email list combined with website visitors we were able to find out the following insights:
- 84% of our audience are women and they are mostly below the age of 44
- There are certain pages that are likely to generate great results if targeted as an interest because they are mostly followed by our audience
- The audience is mostly using both Desktop and Mobile devices on Facebook
There are many more insights to use as target methods for new ad sets. They will help you create effective marketing campaigns and scale up traffic acquisition on Facebook.
Latest posts by Rocco Baldassarre (see all)
- New Tools Come To Facebook And Google - February 20, 2017
- Google Launches Interactive Reports and Promotion Extensions Revealed - October 25, 2016
- Amazon Bans Freebies and Google Launches DSK Campaigns - October 10, 2016