Facebook Launches Custom Engagement Audiences
Facebook has been going through some changes recently, some that regular users have noticed and others that Facebook Marketers have noticed. One of the latest changes is the introduction of a new audience targeting method.
The new custom audience method is called Engagement on Facebook. It allows you to create a list of people that have engaged with your content on Facebook.
Custom Engagement Audience
This new type of engagement refers to people viewing your video or submitting a lead through a lead ad campaign. People that are spending time opening links or viewing your lead ad videos on Facebook.
We therefore have two new audiences:
- People who are watching your videos on Facebook
- People submitting a lead through a lead ad campaign
Benefits of Custom Engagement Audiences
This new targeting method brings many benefits that we want to point out:
- This new method lets you target video views of videos that you are promoting on Facebook and people who have submitted a lead from a Facebook Lead Campaign. The advantage of this point is that with this new option, you are not leaving potential clients that didn’t complete a purchase unattended.
- You can create an additional sales funnel for your campaign, these two target methods could be an additional way to get lookalike audience. Lookalike audiences are people who are likely to be interested in your business because they’re similar to the customers that you care about.
- Some of these people have engaged with your brand before, and with this new method, you have the opportunity to reconnect with them again and boost your brand awareness.
- These audiences are similar to remarketing but are more conversion focused. Since we are reconnecting with the audience and they know our brand, the conversion rate for them would be much higher.
How to Create a Custom Engagement Audience
The steps you have to take to create your custom engagement audience are very easy, it only takes 30 seconds, watch it in this video:
In case you don’t want to watch the video, below are the steps you need to take to create a custom engagement audience.
In order for your to access the Custom Audience you have to go into the Facebook Ad Manager and under Assets choose Audience.
After selecting Audiences, you will choose create a custom audience on that page.
You will have various audience options to select, you will choose the last one, Engagement on Facebook.
You will choose what kind of engagement you want with that audience.
Facebook has launched a number of updates recently to update their advertising platform. Custom engagement audiences is a better way to re target unattended potential clients. Share your comments, questions or suggestions below or on Twitter @internationlppcFacebook Launches Custom Engagement Audiences Click To Tweet